Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Chalkboard John 14:6


Hello friends!  I hope you are enjoying a wonderful week!  It's so windy here today I'm wondering if we'll have power this afternoon when they say it's "really" going to get bad!  My house is already whistling!  LOL!

Anyway, I have another sneak peek for you.  This is a Chalkboard set to be released Friday by Our Daily Bread designs.  It's called Chalkboard- Johns.  I used today's sketch challenge on SCS for my layout and I stamped the image with VersaFine black ink, then sponged with Brilliance Irredescent White to create a bit of an erased look on my "chalkboard".  I used a black base, and My Mind's Eye designer paper, Bramble Rose. I added some burlap ribbon and black pearls, and a wrinkled seam binding bow finishes it off.  

I love this verse and I think it could be used for many uplifting cards.  I hope you'll be back Friday for the release and blog hop!

I am entering this in the following challenges:   Paper Minutes - Scraps Of Paper/Paper Cut Offs, Party Time Tuesdays -  Anything Goes, Through The Craft Room Door  Always Anything Goes!, Top Tip Tuesday -  Lavishly Luscious Layers, Tuesday Alchemy - Anything Goes, Twisted Tuesday -  No twist! Anything Goes,
Vickie's Challenges -Anything Goes, Inky Chicks -Becky's Bingo (Image, Ribbon & Pearls),
Forever Friends -Biweekly challenge -Use Ribbon or Lace, Love to Create Anything Goes with a Sentiment,  MyGrafico -  Anything Goes, The Ribbon Reel - Photo Inspiration* + Burlap & Ribbon, There She Goes - Wood Grain (my background is wood), Word Art Wednesday- Use free digi or any encouraging or scripture sentiment, . Cutie Pie Challenge -  Use 3 Different Textures,


Thanks for stopping!  I love knowing you were here!!!  It blesses my heart!

hugs,

29 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Grace! I love the papers and the chalkboard is a perfect way to showcase the verse! Stay safe during the storms! It's been pouring and very windy all day here. We had thunderstorms, but didn't lose power. Hugs!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

tammy said...

GRACE!!
You are such an enabler!! BIG SMILE---no really the Lord has gifted you greatly and this chalkboard project is such an awesome project to dangle the carrot before us all!! FABULOUS!! be blessed
~Beyond Measure
tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com

Karen Letchworth said...

I don't think that beautiful is an adequate adjective for this card, Grace. It's AMAZING! I love the floral paper, the touch of burlap, the sweet bow, and the chalkboard sentiment. WOWZERS!
Thanks for sharing this with us, and please accept my sincere thanks for your participation. I love it!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Jeanne J. said...

So pretty! I love that chalkboard look, the peek of burlap, and that pretty seam binding bow - beautiful!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card...

scrappingnana said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. Love the verse and your chalkboard technique using it. Great card. TFS

ednamburgess said...

Great card and really like the bible verse. The music with it adds to the card. Edna

Caitiumom said...

i love the that verse, perfect verse for the ladies in my bible study since we are set to study John 14 next in our study.

Kelley said...

These papers are so pretty! The card is awesome!

Jo said...

Stunning. I love the layout and colors you used. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD.

Svenja said...

Hi Grace, this card is very beautiful. I feel I have to do one inspired from your card.
As well I thank you for taking part in the Paperminutes Challenge, but where are the 5 paper cut offs?

Becky said...

Gorgeous card Grace. Loving the design paper and love how you displayed the sentiment.
Hugs

Robyn said...

Looking forward to the new releases! I really like this card. You have made the stamp look perfect!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh Wow this is GORGEOUS!!!! I love love the scripture inspired by the chalkboard look! A truly stunning creation! I am swooning over your burlap and ribbon treatment too! Eek! I love this!

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, just love the texture the burlap gives it, love the chalkboard look!

Tracy said...

What an awesome stamp for the chalkboard technique! I'm so glad you worked that gorgeous woodgrain paper in there so you could play along with our challenge at TSG. Good luck!

Kelley said...

Grace, this card speaks to me!! So beautiful!!

susiestacey said...

Such an elegant card, beautifull words and the layout and textures are perfect.
Thank you for joining in with the 3 textures challenge over at Cutie Pies and Good Luck x Susan x

Unknown said...

Grace,
Arriving at your blog is like a refshing drink of ice cold water after walking five miles of dusty road in very hot wether. It is just so BEAUTIFUL.
Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday, we love seeing your wonderful art work and appreciate you taking time to join our challenge.
Carole Robb Bisson
The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

Faye said...

Super gorgeous, Grace. Such an elegant card.

Annette said...

Gorgeous card. I love the huge bow.
Annette
Netty's Cards
Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
xx


Michelle said...

Grace, this is a true work of art! Such an elegant design! Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel!

Debs said...

Beautiful card Grace - love the DP's and the lush bow.
Thanks for playing along with the Cuties this time.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard said...

Stunningly beautiful card you have created, love the different layers and the textures too on the different layers. Great way to show off the sentiment it looks like a blackboard easel. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx
Lady Anne's Challenges

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card gorgeous papers and bow and great verse -thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday
Carol DT x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card gorgeous papers and bow and great verse -thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday
Carol DT x

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Wow! What a stunning card!

Moshie said...

What a beautiful card! I love the chalkboard effect! I have so enjoyed your music too! Thank you for joining us at Forever Friends. Hope to see you at our next challenge too! Hugs and God bless.